Update: This simple dessert would make a great last minute idea for Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy!
I’m sitting at a house about an hour and a half south of my home. We drive over the river and through the woods to get here. The leaves are still very much on the trees, and are beautiful brilliant colors. The leaves on the ground are crunchy and I love how they feel and sound under my feet! Outside it’s not cold, but crisp, and it feels so refreshing. Inside it’s cozy and warm next to the wood stove in the dining room. It makes me fall in love with fall all over again.
I beginning to embrace and even crave all things pumpkin. I know, November is already half over, but I’m finally getting on board. One of my absolute favorite desserts is mousse. It’s incredibly yummy, and is very simple to make. With a house full of living things, simple for me is coveted. The more simplicity the better. So if I can find something that is wonderfully pumpkin, and simple… I’m completely on board! This goes well with all kinds of food, but my favorite is the simple graham cracker, or it’s yummy even by itself. I’d love to hear what you like to eat this with. If your life is crazy like mine, or if you decide that you just want to try something new that’s pumpkin you will Love this mousse, and so will your family. Happy cooking!
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ C canned pumpkin filling
- ⅓ C sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- Pour heaving whipping cream into a large bowl
- Add in sugar and beat with a mixer for approximately 4 minutes until it begins to become fluffy
- Add in Pumpkin and mix for approximately another minute.
- It should be light and fluffy, if not continue to mix.
- Do not over mix, or it will begin to become more dense.
- Serve right away or chill for an hour and serve alone or with graham crackers