Simple Red White and Blue Cupcakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ C coconut oil
- ½ C 2% milk
- ½ fresh blueberries
- ½ fresh chopped strawberries
- Can of Whipped Cream
- Place the milk in a small bowl. Stir in the vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the coconut oil until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the sugar in a slow, steady stream beating until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until the batter is light and creamy. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the liquid ingredients in 4 additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Fold in both strawberries and blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until you can insert a wooden toothpick inserted in the cakes comes out free of uncooked batter.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely. After they cool at whipped cream on top right before serving.