Do you need a quick easy treat idea for Christmas; maybe for your own home, or for a Christmas party? This is for you!
I have learned something. I am NOT a cookie maker/ baker. I was very ambitious and decided to try to make these adorable cookies for my clients and co workers. I found just the right recipe, followed it to the T, and they were a big flop!!! Taste was good, but the appearance was just too embarrassing to give out. So, I needed to come up with something cute, simple and failproof! This is what it was!
Of course you can use the regular dark chocolate, which I’m sure is yummy. I’m not regularly a white chocolate person, but I decided to try the white anyways since I like the look. Amazingly enough, I love the way the white chocolate pairs with the mint! And really who doesn’t love a candy cane with chocolate? When I was handing them out to clients, soon I found some staff gathering around giving me pitiful eyes in hopes to get one too. They are sure to be a hit for you too! Happy candy making!
- 12 Candy Canes
- ½ bag of white chocolate chips
- red sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Melt half a bag of white chocolate in a tall mug, 20 seconds at a time
- Stir each 20 seconds until chocolate is smooth
- Tilt mug with chocolate to the side so that it is deeper on one end
- Dip the unwrapped candy cane into the chocolate
- At times I would use a spoon to help cover the candy cane with chocolate on all sides
- Lay on lined cookie sheet
- Add sprinkles on top
- Place in the refrigerator at least 2 hours allowing chocolate to harden